Amber Heard Latest Interview: Johnny Depp accuses ex-wife of ‘reimagining’ NBC affair

Amber Heard Says She Still Loves Johnny Depp

Johnny Depp accused Amber Heard and her legal team of “reimagining” the couple’s bitter legal battle in their first interview since a jury ruled against her.

A portion of the interview with NBC’s Savannah Guthrie – which airs in full on Dateline on Friday – was released on Peacock on Thursday afternoon, in which Depp’s team responded to Heard speaking.

“It is unfortunate that while Johnny is looking to move on with his life, the defendant and his team are back to repeating, reimagining and re-litigating issues that have already been decided by the court and a verdict that was unequivocally decided by a jury in Johnny’s favor,” his team said.

It came after an anonymous juror came forward to reveal that Heard’s “icy” testimony was perceived as “crocodile tears” by the panel.

In addition, he said good morning america that the jury found her emotional testimony “didn’t add up” and they believed she was the “aggressor” in the couple’s doomed relationship.

Sections of Heard’s interview aired on Today earlier this week, with her saying she will keep her testimony “until the day I die” and that she paid the price for “speaking truth to power”.

1655550000

Heard says she fears Johnny Depp will sue her again

Heard revealed her fear that Depp might sue her for defamation again during her interview with Guthrie.

“I’m afraid that no matter what I do, no matter what I say or how I say it, every step I take will present another opportunity for that kind of silencing,” she said. “Which is what I think a defamation suit should do, is to take away your voice.”

The Independents Megan Sheets reports:

Megan SheetsJune 18, 2022 12:00

1655546400

Juror of trial says Heard’s ‘icy’ testimony was perceived as ‘crocodile tears’

A juror in Depp and Heard’s defamation trial broke his silence this week to reveal that their “icy” testimony was perceived as “crocodile tears” by the panel.

Rachel Sharp has the latest:

Megan SheetsJune 18, 2022 11:00 am

1655539200

Heard shares anguish as he testifies about alleged sexual assault in court

Adding to the intense media pressure surrounding the trial, Heard told Guthrie about the difficulties of airing his sexual assault allegations in front of the busy courtroom.

“In that courtroom, I’m testifying about sexual assault and domestic violence before a jury, in front of a courtroom packed with people expressing their vocal support. [for Depp] and disdain for me,” she explained.

Depp has always denied the assault allegations made against him.

The Independents Leonie Cooper reports:

Megan SheetsJune 18, 2022 9:00 am

1655532000

Heard discusses ‘barricades’ and ‘protected entrance’ she used to enter the courthouse

Heard opened up to Guthrie about the protective measures that were put in place for her during the trial.

“Every day I would walk through blocks full of people holding signs saying things I couldn’t repeat on television,” she explained.

“They had to set up barricades to protect me so I could get into a guarded entrance to the courthouse. Every day was how I walked the court.”

Furthermore, she commented on her lawyers struggling to keep TV cameras out of court.

The Independents Inga Parkel has more:

Megan SheetsJune 18, 2022 7:00 am

1655526600

Heard says he has ‘file’ of abuse notes

Describing evidence that a judge blocked the trial, Heard told Guthrie how her doctor kept contemporary notes of the physical abuse she suffered while married to Depp.

“There’s a binder of years of notes going back to 2011, from the beginning of my relationship, that were taken by my doctor who I was reporting the abuse to,” Heard said.

Guthrie and his NBC reporting team analyzed the notes to confirm what Heard had been telling his therapist since 2012.

The Independents Amanda Whiting reports:

Megan SheetsJune 18, 2022 5:30 am

1655523000

Heard criticized for being ‘caught in a lie’ about donating $7 million to divorce settlement

Heard was questioned by Guthrie for being “caught in a lie” about her promise to donate her $7 million divorce settlement to charity in a portion of the NBC interview that aired earlier this week.

Guthrie pointed to discrepancies between his promise and actual payments made, questioning whether that raises doubts about his “credibility” among the jury.

“Do you think to the jurors sitting there that you were caught in a lie?” investigated Guthrie, whose husband works for Depp’s legal team.

Heard defended the furor over the charitable donation, saying the trial was used to try to paint her as “a liar” and arguing that she shouldn’t have to promise her entire settlement in the first place for people to believe her accusations. of abuse against her ex-husband.

The Independents Rachel Sharp reports:

Megan SheetsJune 18, 2022 4:30 am

1655519400

Heard insists he never instigated violence

Asked by Guthrie about the audio played in court with Heard admitting to hitting Depp, the Aquaman actor repeated his claim that she never instigated violence.

“I never had to prod him, I responded to that,” she said.

“When you are living in violence and it becomes normal, as I witnessed, you have to adapt, you adopt strategies to deal with it, and if that meant, as I witnessed, if that meant the difference between a broken nose or a sore cheek, I would do that.”

The Independents Louis Chilton has more:

Megan SheetsJune 18, 2022 3:30 am

1655517193

Amber Heard’s interview with Savannah Guthrie finally aired in full on a special episode of Dateline earlier tonight (June 17). Clips of the interview were released throughout the week on NBC and Peacock, but the hour-long version has already been released. In the interview, Heard claimed that the text messages she sent her father were evidence of physical abuse by Johnny Depp. Read more here, from The IndependentIt’s Amanda Whiting.

Leonie CooperJune 18, 2022 02:53

1655515800

Heard says she fears Depp will sue her again

The Independents Megan Sheets reports:

Megan SheetsJune 18, 2022 2:30 am

1655513100

Heard says he still loves Depp

Heard revealed that he still “loves” Depp, even after the bitter libel trial, when viewers saw old footage of the former couple’s engagement in his interview with Guthrie.

“I have no resentment or ill will toward him.”

The Independents Rachel Sharp reports: