This week’s Dying Light 2 patch aims to make the game more replayable as it adds various bug fixes, tweaks, and a New Game+ mode to Techland’s zombie apocalypse sandbox.
Revealed earlier this week, the New Game+ version of Dying Light 2 adds new enemy behaviors, tougher encounters, and new in-world objects to discover, so the experience feels fresh once again. To keep up with the deadliest enemies that adapt to your level, you’ll be able to collect 30 new inhibitors that can be used to maximize your stamina and health, and a new legendary weapon tier has been added.
Elsewhere in the game, a new quest that adds special elemental variants of Goon to the mix can be tackled and co-op gameplay has been significantly overhauled. In the gameplay department, bow-wielding enemies will deal less damage, Virals have had their patrol moves in GRE facilities adjusted, and completed achievements will be rewarded correctly upon completion. You can read the full patch notes below.
Since it was released in February, Dying Light 2 has managed to sell 5 million units on console and PC. Techland plans to support Dying Light 2 for five years and has so far released tons of free content for the game.
Dying Light 2 Patch Notes
- After finishing it once, the game can be played again, only this time with modified game parameters to encourage a second playthrough by implementing a unique system and experience.
- The player can now walk through the story with revitalized mechanics.
- This includes new enemy behaviors, more difficult encounters, new objects within the world i.e. the newly added inhibitors, and many other changes that will significantly alter the playstyle and allow the player to further develop their character.
- 30 new inhibitors
- New platinum goals for parkour challenges
- Updated enemy distribution (fe Volatiles and Banshee spawn at night, greater variety of enemy pools in encounters)
- A new legendary weapon tier added
- Added gold encounters
- Enemy difficulty increases with player level
- Fixed connection and stability issues in co-op mode
- Fixed connection issues with players who are further along in the story
- Improved game performance in co-op mode
- Cooperative story blocks
- Fixed an issue causing blocked progression in a single player game mode after a co-op session
- Fixed some remaining death loops in co-op
- Fixed an issue with an NPC missing during the Missing People quest in a co-op session
- cooperative quality
- Improved weapon preview in menu and online inventory
- Improved handling of co-op challenge requirements
- Fixed random bandit respawns while players are still in bandit camp
- Fixed issues where the player could not access the inventory or map after dying multiple times in co-op
- Fixed story progression stuck with “nearby enemies” notification
- Fixed rare issue when a player cannot move after a revive
- Fixes for reappearance of distant host pairs and reappearance in geometry
- Fixed AI jitter in random cases
- Various improved co-op animations – crouching, throwing, bowing and more
- Fixed sound duplication in co-op
- Fixed rare cases of radio dialogue from unresponsive co-op missions causing story locks
- Fixed displaying incorrect icons on the map after a co-op party
- Fixed “call for help” when player is being summoned during a co-op meeting
- Fixed black screens in certain situations that could cause progression blocks during co-op progression
- Fixed unnecessary crash in the text “skill requirement” in the description of a challenge in a co-op session
- Updated tutorial windows timing to 30 seconds during co-op sessions
- Fixed a bug allowing players to have multiple story missions active
- Enemies with bows are less annoying – decreased damage output
- Completed achievements are correctly awarded upon completion. This works for achievements that were obtained before the update as well.
- Fixed a bug that caused Howlers and Screamers to become invulnerable to damage
- Fixed being able to fast travel between map regions after completing multiple missions
- Fixed a random human encounter AI bug
- Fixed infected invulnerability to arrows
- Fixed missing rewards after encounters with bandits
- Fixed virus patrol movement in GRE installations
- Fixed a bug related to wall clipping during the Let’s Waltz mission
- Fixed a bug of player getting stuck after using an inhibitor or opening inventory after getting an inhibitor in the Markers of Plague quest
- Fixed map display bug in The Only Way Out mission
- Fixed Hakon disappearing in the Into The Darkness mission after playing in co-op
- Fixed Sophie’s inaccessible position in The Raid mission
- Added FOV slider on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X
- Improved UI textures optimization
- Fixed issues related to keyboard and controller switching
- Fixed Inhibitor popup message in Markers of Plague mission
- Fixed display of quests in journal
- Fixed tutorial window display
- Fixed display of weapon durability, mission tracking and inventory management on the ASUS ROG Zephyrus Duo second screen
- Aiden should no longer do a T pose in the main menu
- Fixed crashes related to launching the game at 5760×1080 resolution
- Fixed displaying incorrect numbers in the immunity bar
- Minor changes to PC keybindings
- Improved game stability
- Various sources of crashes fixed
- Improved frame rate stability in various places on the map
- Fixed several bugs that allowed players to see and drop out of the map texture
- Fixed occasional texture crashes in various places on the map
- Fixed various audio crashes
- …and numerous additional bug fixes and quality improvements.
GameSpot may receive a commission from retail offers.