Not even heroes are immune to getting stuck in virtual toilets and celebrating a little too much when collecting bounties from successful hunts. The latest Horizon Forbidden West patch 1.12 has arrived, and among the many fixes to key game components, there are also a number of interesting tweaks.
Players can expect to see fewer missions failing or objectives not updated, but more hilarious, toilets and items will become less of a problem thanks to the new update.
You’ll now be able to venture into the base bathroom of Aloy and the gang without fear of getting trapped, which is a problem many didn’t expect in the first place. Additionally, looting machines and fallen enemies will no longer result in Aloy engaging in “celebratory loot raves” that can last up to 10 seconds. Players who have experienced heroine jumping up and down previously might be happy to see the back side of this issue, although it remains a fun occurrence.
As for the less fun parts, Guerrilla Games has included fixes for quests, world activities, machines, humans, and other parts of the game to make Horizon Forbidden West a better experience after the patch.
You can read the full patch notes below:
Horizon Forbidden West 1.12 Patch Notes
We are currently reviewing various issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are aware of them and are being investigated.
- The team continues to make adjustments to the game’s content with the aim of reducing visual glare.
- Players have reported an issue with the Side Quest “Lofty Ambitions”. After Abadund’s dialogue has taken place, the player will temporarily not be able to trade with Abadund due to lack of warning.
- Players have reported an issue in the Side Quest “A Soldier’s March” where, after defeating Frostclaw, the quest objective does not complete.
- Players have reported an issue in Handa’s “Ancient Relics” Contract where the quest progression will get stuck on “Gather Ancient Relics 2/3” or “Go to the Northern Ancient Machine Location” if the player leaves the area.
- Players have reported that the Apex Grimhorn does not appear in-game outside of missions, potentially preventing players from achieving 100% game completion.
- Clothes may appear covered by dark shadows in the inventory.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed an issue in Base where players could get stuck in the bathroom.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “Reach for the Stars” where the objective is not completed after reaching the ship if the player triggers the machine call before looking at the ship.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Dying Lands” where progression would not update after defeating Grimhorn.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Sea of Sands” where a cinematic would not trigger, resulting in the “Get Out of the Ruins” objective not updating.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Sea of Sands” where the land inside the Casino would not load after acquiring POSEIDON.
- Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Wings of Ten” where Solar Wings would not be present on top of the Base.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “A Soldier’s March” where skipping the objective “Go to start of climb” and going straight to Wekatta would cause the mission objectives to not update.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Way Home” where the quest objective “Gather Resources for the Gyrocompass” would not progress after picking up the required amount of batteries.
- Fixed an issue in the “Signal Spike” Side Quest where the “Kill the Machines” objective is not updated, resulting in the player not being able to talk to Silga.
- Fixed an issue in Side Quest “A Tribe Apart” where the player was unable to interact with a Metal Flower.
- Fixed an issue in the Errand Quest “Burden of Command” where the child would not speak to Aloy during the “Protect the Child” object.
- Fixed an issue in the Errand Mission “Burden of Command” where the child would be missing after skipping the ‘Scan the Area’ objective and then restarting from save during specific later objectives.
- Fixed an issue in the Quest Quest “Brilliant Example” where if the player destroys the Metal Flower Vineyards before the objective changes to “Destroy the Metal Flower Vineyards”, the objective will not update completely, blocking progression.
- Fixed an issue in the Errand Quest “Opening the Arena” where Kalla would not spawn inside the Arena Maw after the player had gathered the necessary machine parts.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron IOTA where the player could become permanently stuck if they fall during the final climb to the Tallneck’s head.
- Fixed an issue in the IOTA Cauldron where the Crafting Arm holding the High Neck Head would be in a stuck state, blocking quest progression.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron KAPPA where the objective “Kill the Tideripper” could not be completed after killing the Tideripper too quickly. Another Tideripper who needed discipline! We definitely know who our naughtiest machines are.
- Fixed an issue in Relic Ruins: The Stillsands where a pull box could get stuck in the ceiling.
- Fixed an issue in Arena where quitting during a fixed Challenge could result in the player’s gear being lost and replaced with Arena Challenge gear.
- Added a new cinematic camera in Arena when ending a challenge, preventing the camera from pointing at a wall.
- Illuminated night lighting around Black Box: Jagged Deep.
- Fixed an issue in Melee Pit: Thornmarsh where the Melee Pit Master was invisible after restarting from saves or fast traveling at a specific time.
- Fixed an issue where Notebook loot entry over Shellsnapper’s ‘Refining Core’ includes Volatile Sludge despite having a 0% drop chance.
- The heaviest medium and large machines will be scaled into combat when 35% of their health is lost in one shot.
- Fixed an issue where Quest Companions would stop responding after being hit in combat.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to use melee attacks after being hit by Shock/Heavy attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the Dodge Roll may fail to activate if triggered immediately after firing.
- Fixed an issue where setting the ‘Weapons Wheel Deceleration’ setting to Slower would result in clothes and hair standing on end when accessing the Weapon Wheel in game.
- Fixed an issue introduced in the previous patch where the player could not place a waypoint marker within 500 meters of the player.
- Fixed an issue where the Exclamation Point that is visible when a new item is acquired no longer appears
- Fixed an issue on the Stitcher’s merchant screen where the comparison menu would always compare to the base level stats of the currently equipped outfit, even when it is updated.
- Added an indicator to show when a Weave is already equipped when switching Weaves.
- Updated the Crafting section below the Weapon Wheel with new UI elements to show resource names.
- Updated the skill points icon to be more noticeable when the player has unspent skill points.
- Fixed more Metal Flowers and Firegleam icons remaining on the map.
- Fixed an issue where, after navigating to the end of the Objective Log for a longer mission, details of other missions were missing.
- Fixed an issue where restarting the save after looting Greenshine would result in the Jobs system directing the player to the previously looted location. (NOTE: This will not retroactively fix the Services for previously looted sites that are already active. For these players, once the player reaches the indicated area, the system will be updated and the player will be redirected to the correct site).
performance and stability
- Various crash fixes.
- Various in-game and cinematic streaming fixes.
- Fixed an issue where Aloy could severely bounce for up to 10 seconds when looting an item. The raves commemorating the loot are over, but they are still alive in memory.
- Fixed an issue where the landing pad on Raintrace Rise could not be used.
- Various fixes for Datapoints not unlocking properly.
- Various fixes in controller remapping.
- Various fixes to Aloy’s animations.
- Various fixes for Aloy or key characters/machines falling out of the world.
- Various fixes and audio improvements.
- Various lighting fixes and improvements.
- Various fixes and improvements for body and face animations in cinematics.
- Various fixes and improvements for NPC animations and NPC props in settlements.
- Various localization and subtitle fixes and improvements.
- Various other bug fixes.
If you’re wondering what was fixed in patch 1.11, you can check out the update here.