A new season of content is about to be released for Call Of Duty: Vanguard and its free-to-play battle royale counterpart, War zone.
After a successful Season 2 that included a mid-season overhaul of the Rebirth Island map, both games are ready to launch in Season 3. The new season brings map changes to Caldera in war zone, new multiplayer maps for Vanguard, and a new Cross-Game Battle Pass that includes new Operators, weapons, and other items to unlock.
When does the third season start?
Glad you asked! ‘Classified Arms’ Season 3 content will be released on Wednesday, April 27 at 9 am PT / 12 pm ET. You’ll only have to download the content before you can play, so the exact time you can log into the game varies.
The update to Vanguard is available on April 26 at 9am PT / 12pm ET, but the season has yet to start for another day. At least that way you can preload and be ready to go.
Here’s the trailer for season 3:
As you can see, King Kong and Godzilla are heading to Caldera in season three, though the monster special event, Operation Monarch, doesn’t start until May 11, a few weeks into the season.
Other new content
In both games, three new Agents from Team Harpy will be available – one in the Battle Pass and two in the Item Shop. The Operators are:
- Mateo Hernandez (Battle Pass at launch)
- Florence Carter (In Season)
- Kim Tae Young (Season Half)
There will also be a handful of new weapons unlockable as part of the Battle Pass in free tiers or through in-game challenges – or, of course, via the Item Shop. These are:
- The M1916 Marksman Rifle (Battle Pass)
- Nikita AVT Assault Rifle (Battle Pass)
- Sledgehammer Melee (In Season)
- H4 Blixen SMG (half season)
Vanguard will receive two new maps:
- Mayhem (Release) a three-track movie set turned simulated city that is disconcertingly described as a “1950s movie” by Activision. Did World War II last longer than we thought?
- Sphere (In-Season) is a hidden weapons lab that is small, emphasizing melee combat.
Warzone is seeing some map changes in the Caldera, including:
- A new area of Fortified Peak that greatly expands the once barren mountain top.
- Rebuilt track with many more structures.
- Several other minor changes to the map, including giant skulls unearthed from long-dead monsters.
- New Gulag, Hold, designed by developer Toys for Bob. The new 1v1 map takes place inside a ship anchored off the Calderan coast. More open than many other Gulag arenas.
There’s a lot more to come, especially when Operation Monarch kicks off on May 11, but this is your basic overview of what to expect in Season 3 when it kicks off on Wednesday. See you in the Warzone!
Follow me on this blog to stay up to date with all my video game coverage.
You can also follow me on twitter and Facebook and support my work on Patreon. If you want, you can also subscribe to my devilish newsletter on Substack and subscribe to my YouTube channel.